Hypothetical LNG Bridging Service
- Industrial customer wants to increase consumption 450 DTH per day on the edge of the utilities distribution system.
- It will take the Utility one year to engineer the system improvements, and one year to build (two years in total).
- Customer is frustrated because plant improvements can be made in six months, thus their growth is delayed eighteen months.
- SRS LNG systems mobile regasification unit and storage installed at the customer site within a 30 x 50 sq. ft with no civil work required.
- Customer App monitors hourly flow, storage levels, and anticipated delivery dates of LNG.
- LNG cost is passed through utility GCA.
- 900 DTH per day supplied to the customer between the utility and LNG satisfying the customers full demand.
- Utility receives base charge of $4.00 per DTH on incremental gas supplied by LNG:
$1M in base rates paid to the Utility over 18 months.